Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ravelympics is Almost Here!

Well, here we are one day before the start of the summer Olympics and the Ravelympics on Ravelry. I am very excited about both. I am not a huge sports fan (except for synchronized swimming and football!) but I do really enjoy watching the Olympics!

During the last winter Olympics the Yarn Harlot organized the Knitting Olympics and my knitting challenge then was to complete a pair of socks which I did. For this Olympic challenge I have signed up for the Sockput and the Bag and Tote Backstroke. I am going to knit a pair of socks using the Magic Loop two at a time technique and also knit a felted bag using some of my hand dyed wool.

Today is all about my Olympic training.

* Sorting through my stash to find the sock yarn I want to knit
*Knitting a gauge swatch for the socks
*Dyeing the wool for my felted bag (no, I have not done this yet. Lots of time...)
*Knitting a gauge swatch for the bag

Wish me luck!!

Happy Knitting!

No comments: