Sunday, November 2, 2008

Updates





Wow, I can't believe how fast time goes by! Here is an update on what I have been working on. I hate to admit this, but I have broken my own rule and have started new projects before finishing the first ones.

Pink Mitts - They are finished! No picture of them but Mary has them and she likes them, yahoo!

Hemp lace scarf - This project has been on hold while I was knitting other things but is back on today's To Knit List while watching football. It is almost finished. 1 1/2 skeins have been knit. It probably only needs another 1/2 skein. Love the Hemp!

Blue Hemp socks - These socks are samples for the sock class I am currently teaching. I can only go so far on them each week so that is my excuse for needing to dyeing more wool for more mitts.

Marigold Wool - These two skeins of Briggs and Little Regal wool were dyed using the last of the Marigolds. I am not sure if I like the colour. It turned out a mustard colour and even though I love yellows I am not sure about this one. It was to become mitts and and hat. I am tossing around the idea of overdying it with onion skins.

New Socks - This was new yarn bought for Carrie's Quilting and Knitting Shop so of course I have to try it to see how it knits up. So far so good. I am using the new bamboo needles as well. I am finding the bamboo is so much easier on my hands. The wool is On Your Toes with Aloe Vera and I am really liking it. I am liking it so well that not only am I going to knit socks out of it I am going to knit Knee High socks for a most special person on my Christmas list, my Mom.

No comments: