Monday, October 20, 2008
It seems that I got a little side tracked from the mitts. I did manage to wind the skein into a ball so it is ready to go but I made the mistake of working on a new scarf while deciding which mitten pattern to knit.
I made some changes to the scarf pattern. I changed the yarn from the suggested Astra to 100% Hemp, made the scarf narrower, and adjusted the lace pattern but I did keep the suggested seed stitch boarder. I am really liking how it it is turning out. I'm liking it so much that I am thinking about knitting another one for some lucky person on my Christmas list.
Someone else told me that they are still forecasting the possibility of snow. I really need to start these mitts.....
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Mary requested a pair of pink mitts a while ago. It is starting to get cooler here and I have heard rumours about the chance of light snow this week. Even though I am totally denying that there is any chance of snow this early I have decided that these mitts should be moved to the top of my Knitting To Do List.
Since my obsession this month seems to be dyeing wool with Kool Aid I had no choice but to dye a skein of Patons Classic Wool using 6 packages of Strawberry Kiwi in the microwave. The colour turned out great. Hope Mary thinks so. My plan is to start knitting them while watching football this afternoon. Updates tonight with any luck!