Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Finished Socks!




Congratulations to everyone who has finished their sock! You have all done a great job. Isn't sock knitting addictive? From just one ball of wool you can knit something to wear and the colour combinations found in sock yarn is amazing.

Since next Monday is a holiday everyone has an extra week before we meet again to finish up the first sock or start your second one. Monday, May 25 is a UFO (unfinished object) night. Bring in what ever you would like to work on. I know there is a brown sweater lurking in a closet somewhere that is just waiting to be sewn together!!

I have finished my socks and I am working on finishing up a pair I was using as a sample for the class. I just have a foot to knit and I will have a pair of socks for me!

This is the beginning of the shawl we will be knitting in June. The pattern is Feather and Fan. It is a great pattern for beginner lace knitters to start with.

Yarn ~ Hemp DK weight, 3 or 4 balls
Needle ~ 4 mm
Finished size ~ 17" x 50" or desired length

1 comment:

DropStitchChris said...

You are so right....and I can't wait to get that monkey off my back!!....or get that sweater on my back!! Just intime for summer:)

The shawl looks gorgeous!!
Can't wait!