Thursday, May 28, 2009

Here It Is




I am so excited that the shawl is finished and the ends are even woven in! All that is left is to block it. Unblocked it measures 14 1/2" x 51". I am going to use my new blocking board and the blocking wires for this blocking job. Here is a picture of the finished product. Thanks Melissa for being such a great model! Melissa is also a knitter who is just starting her first sock. (Wait till you get to turn the heel, it is sooo much fun!)

So now I am on to my next project. The feather and fan scarf knit in the Hempton yarn. The colour is garnet. Here is the beginning.

Since some of us missed our afternoon of knitting due to the flooding that took place at the library, I thought I would post our knitting question for the week here on the blog.

Knitting Question of the Week

What year did the World Wide Knit In Public Day start?

a) 2000
b) 2003
c) 2005

Feel free to leave your answer in the comment section. I'll post the answer on the weekend.

Happy knitting!

No comments: