Sunday, June 14, 2009

World Wide Knit In Public Day






Yesterday was a great day. We had a great turn out for Knit In Public Day. The weather was great for spending the day outside visiting with our knitting friends, knitting and snacking. It was fun to see what everyone was working on and of course to see what new and exciting shawl or scarf patterns Rebecca had found since we had last seen her! Our youngest knitter was Carol's granddaughter who was learning how to spool knit and our most reluctant knitters were the four young men that sat and had their picture taken holding the needles. Brian was actually knitting a row on my scarf. (Brian, you did a great job there were no mistakes yahoo! Doralyn, watch out for your stash).

I didn't work on my scarf as originally planned but I did get my last 6" square finished to complete the rail fence block for the sampler afghan class that will be starting in July. I am excited to start on the log cabin square today and will, with any luck, have more than one square done by the end of this week. There
will be a total of 6 squares for the summer project. Keep checking Carrie's Quilting and Knitting Store to see the squares as they are finished.

Congratulations Nenagh, you are the winner of the skein of alpaca from Alpaca Acres that was our door prize!

I am heading outside with my knitting to sit and relax for a while. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend. Happy knitting!

No comments: