Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yarn Rescue





Look at this! This is five large boxes and three garbage bags worth of yarn that was, you might want to sit down for this, thrown away. A great guy that I work with rescued it and brought it in for our knitting club at work. I am still in shock that someone would just throw it away!!! I just had to sort it out to see what all was in those bags and boxes. There was a lot of everything. Christmas yarn, sock yarn, baby yarn, worsted weight, chunky weight, mohair blend and roving. Here are pictures of the front and back of the pile. I was in for another shock when I saw what was in the bottom of the box with the rovings. Yup, needles too!

Then....we also had another yarn donation to our knitting club. So, just for fun I added it to the pile. This is almost all of it. Some of it wouldn't fit on the table. My dining room table has been covered in yarn lots of times before but this is definitely the most at one time.

This yarn will be used for our charity knitting projects and knit into hats, scarves and blankets. Thanks very much for all of the donations!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Hi! It's me, Katherine! Do you want to see my Blog? It's here:
katscrochetcritters.blogspot.com
You really have a lot of yarn!! Bye,
Katherine

DropStitchChris said...

WOW!! Isn't that fantastic Louise!! I wonder who would throw all that away....maybe children cleaning out a parents house????
Well I'm glad it was rescued....it couldn't be going to a better cause!! PS I'm loving this shawl!!

ennadoolf said...

I'm sure glad your co-worker saved all that yarn - and the needles! I found your blog via the WWKIP day site - I'm knitting with the virtual group, the EtsyKnitters! http://www.wwkipday.com/find_kip.htm?kipid=908