Monday, July 20, 2009

Awesome Find!


This is what I call starting my holidays off on the right foot.

My plan for my time off is to knit, rest and relax, knit, catch up on some house work, knit and look for any knitting items (yarn, needles, patterns or accessories) to add to my collection. Friday night on my way home from work, I stopped in a second hand store that I knew has had some vintage patterns in the past. What a pleasant surprised to find they still had a good selection of patterns as well as a basket of yarn! It gets better. The yarn was Lopi which is 100% wool made in Iceland and there was enough to knit a sweater. Eric was a great help and weighed all of the balls for me. In total there is over 1200 grams. It gets even better. The price of the wool was $0.50 per ball. On top of that, I also found 14 vintage patterns for my collection. I can't begin to tell you how excited I was!! If the rest of the week has more finds like this one, it is going to be a great vacation!

1 comment:

knitty_kat said...

sweet! That's a fabulous find! Enjoy your vacation & I hope it continues to get better.