Friday, July 10, 2009

The Forgotten Shawl


This poor project has been neglected for a while. I can't remember when I sat down to knit a few rows on this shawl. It has been a week or maybe two. I guess that isn't too bad but considering how excited I was when I started it I wouldn't have guessed that I would have gone so long without working on it. That has all changed as of today. This was the project I worked on at our Friday morning knitting group at Carrie's knitting shop. Knitting with friends always cheers me up on those days when things just aren't going the way they should be. (Buying knitting books is a close second!) So far this has been knit with the two tiny part balls of yarn that I wasn't really even considering using and they produced 7 1/2" and I still have the 3 full balls left. What a a great surprise to get that much extra length for my shawl!

For anyone wanting some help or just some moral support while knitting the rail fence square, stop in at Carrie's shop from 10-12.

No comments: