Friday, July 31, 2009

Holdiay Knitting Is The Best




I could really get used to getting up and not going to work every morning. Holidays are the best. I have spent the last few days picking up my knitting whenever I wanted to and knitting until I felt like putting it down, reading the latest knitting magazines, checking out Ravelry and Knitty.com (they have new patterns up) and finalizing the knitting demo schedules for the Western Fair coming up in September. As for my actual knitting, I have the flying geese block finished (boarder knitted on, and the ends woven in too) the blue shawl is now 20" long, the cable block is started, I have wool set aside for a new pair of socks, I found a pattern for a new sweater and I have wool soaking waiting to be dyed. Even being on holidays I can't fit it all in but I am going to have fun trying!

Here are some pictures of how the flying geese block will look when it is finished and how to pick up the garter stitches to sew the one seam. I hope everyone had fun with this block!

1 comment:

knitty_kat said...

I always seem to miss the demos. But then I seem to spend most of my time in the agricultural building anyway. I loves me some pigs & sheep!