Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Knitting Update


Happy Monday to all of you knitters! I can say that with more enthusiasm than usual because I am still of holidays this week, yahoo!

The last time I posted I was off to mini golf with the kids. Due to the rain we changed up our plans a bit and mini golfed inside and played a game of bowling as well. We had a fun afternoon. (I won the bowling game and I would say I won the golf game too even though we didn't keep score.) I did manage to fit in some knitting time at lunch and the kids weren't even all that embarrassed with me knitting in the restaurant. I think that was a first.

Friday morning was our knitting group at Carrie's Quilting and Knitting shop. As always, it was a fun morning knitting and visiting with other knitters. I worked on my blue shawl for the morning and it is now 15" long. Wow, I'm even surprised at that length. That is about 1/4 of the way done. I may just get it finished for our beach knitting day on Aug. 23 after all. Or not, I'm not making any promises. I spent the rest of the afternoon shopping with a knitting friend. We had a great time and found some knitting related items. At the lavender farm we each bought a large bag of dried lavender to make into sachets that will be put in with sweaters and the wool in my stash to keep the moths away while at the same time smell wonderful. Next was shopping for pottery. I have to admit that I have a weakness for pottery. I decided to use two of the new pieces (the one's on the right) to hold my knitting odds and ends that always seem to go missing. I think that they worked out great. The small bowl is the perfect size for holding the tape measure.

On Saturday, I was back at Carrie's shop giving some extra lessons to the knitting students who are taking the summer classes. We worked on the mitered squares for the star afghan block. We had some other knitters just stop in to chat and knit. It was another great knitting morning.

On Sunday, we headed to a used book store and an antique store. I found more patterns and books for my collection. I am starting to wonder where I am going to display or store all of these items that I am collecting. Organizing these things is on my to do list. I'll keep you updated on how that is going in a few days.

I hope that everyone else had a great knitting weekend as well!

1 comment:

knitty_kat said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! The best find I've had was at Trails End - 1st Edition Elizabeth Zimmerman Knitting Without Tears.