Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Carrie

Here we are at the end of the summer. It seems like such a short time ago that Carrie and I were discussing plans for our summer classes and came up with the Knitting vs Quilting sampler afghan challenge and tonight was our last class. Everyone has done such a wonderful job on their blocks and now just need a little bit more time to finish everything up before we see the finished afghans.

We had a special surprise for Carrie tonight. The knitting class surprised her with cake and ice cream and a wonderful gift to celebrate her birthday that is coming up this week. It was nice to do something for Carrie as we all appreciate her making her shop available to us for our knitting guild, our Friday morning knitting group and the Monday evening and Saturday morning knitting lessons where we have not only learned new knitting skills but have met lots of knitters and have made new friends. Thanks Carrie and Happy Birthday!!!

I just need to finish the last of my packing and it is off to the cottage in the morning. I have saved the most important packing for last. You guessed it, my knitting. I am more worried about forgetting a knitting related item than I am about forgetting a piece of clothing. You can always make due with whatever clothes you pack but how can you knit if are missing the proper size needle? Or what if you have the yarn but forget the pattern? I have a feeling my knitting bag is going to be as large as my suitcase! Have a great week!

1 comment:

knitty_kat said...

Oooh! I hope you have fun at the cottage. Looks like great weather for it. Knitting packing is always the worst!