Saturday, August 22, 2009

Knitting Road Trip


Yesterday, it was all about knitting. We began the day at Carrie's Quilting and Knitting shop for our every other Friday morning knitting group. It was just what I needed to destress and get into a yarn shopping moood.

After leaving Carrie's our first stop of the afternoon was at the Mary Maxim tent sale. There were lots of great deals on craft items that I had to stop myself from buying. At some point while we were shopping I had this crazy idea that I could find time to do cross stitch projects. Thankfully, I came to my senses before heading to the checkout. I sorted through everything I had picked up and decided to traded the cross stitch kits for sock yarn. Of course this was a much better choice. I found some Kroy sock yarn, On Your Toes sock yarn, and some cotton that will hopefully, turn its self into a tank top in the very near future. From there it was on to Cambridge Fibres. This was my first time at this store and I bought some acrylic yarn because I couldn't resist the amazing colours. The pink will be a sweater for my niece and other colours are yet to be decided. Maybe something for my son. Possibly a hat and mitts or maybe even an afghan if I feel ambitious. Then I found a cone of grey lace weight wool blend that will make a great shawl so of course it came home with me as well.

I am off to look for a pattern to use with the pink yarn and to get ready for the Knitting Goddesses knitting at the beach day tomorrow. I am crossing my fingers for good weather!

No comments: