Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New Books


I had a nice surprise yesterday, new books waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home. I couldn't resist ordering the knitted teddy bears book. I have been wanting to knit teddy bears for the last couple of years as Christmas gifts but could never find the pattern I wanted to use. Now I have no excuse. This book has patterns for different bears and the accessories. I am thinking that the princess and the cowboy would make great gifts for my niece and nephew.

The other book is on Tunisian Crochet. Some of us from the Knitting Goddesses guild took a short lesson on how to do this at the Creativ festival in Toronto in the spring. I couldn't resist this book either. It has some really nice patterns in it as well. This will be something I work on in my spare time, lol

The knitting in the picture is the start of the purple Kimono style sweater that I started on Monday. I have some concerns about the size so it is on hold until I decide if I am frogging it to make the smaller size.

Tonight is dedicated to writing out the butterfly pattern and chart. If there is time, tonight's knitting with be the blue shawl.

For anyone interested, Alpaca Acres near Stratford is having their breast cancer fundraiser this Saturday, Aug 8 from 1-4. The cost is only $15, bring your lawn chair and your knitting to be able to sit and knit in the field with the Alpacas! Of course she also has wonderful alpaca yarn for sale.

No comments: