Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Today's Find


Today's knitting consisted of knitting a few rows on the purple sweater. This is such a simple knit, just stocking stitch and there is no shaping done on the back. It is great TV watching knitting, no row counting, chart following or fancy stitches such plain old stocking stitch. Some days it is nice to just be able to sit and knit without having to think too much about it.

I also started the first draft of the pattern for the cable afghan square. This is going to be a fun block to knit.

My great find of the day was in a discount book store where I came across a new copy of Kristen Knits. This book has lots of really colourful patterns for scarves, mitts, hats and sweaters. I had seen this book before, and as hard as it may be to believe, I didn't buy it but when I saw it today for under $10 I couldn't pass it up.

2 comments:

DropStitchChris said...

Hi Louise...I am once again trying to leave you a message...perhaps it will work today:)
I went into carries this morning...I actually had a saturday off work!! unfortunately you weren't there today but carrie was nice enough to help me out. I am really going to try to have my butterfly done by mon night but i have to tell you I've had a lot of trouble....self induced of course;)
can't wait to start the cable tho!!! See you Monday....hope you are feeling better RIGHT NOW!!!

DropStitchChris said...

Hi Louise!! You haven't blogged about it yet but I must tell you...I'm lovin' cable knitting!!
It's awesome!!