Monday, September 7, 2009

Cottage Trip Day Two


This was our first full day of vacation. I was sooo looking forward to relaxing and spending my day knitting and reading. It didn't start out that way. We spent the morning at the next closest town doing some unforeseen errands. Sigh, there are somethings that still have to be done even when on holidays and I couldn't wait to get back to the cottage for an afternoon of relaxing. We had some time to fill while we waited to pick up the items that we need so we did a little shopping. One of our stops was a store that I had been in last year and I new I would find something in there to cheer me up. Any guesses? I'm sure you all guess right. A whole wall of yarn! Once again, I couldn't pass up the Kroy sock yarn. On this shopping trip I picked up Rouge Jacquard, Turquoise Jacquard, Mulberry Stripes, and Bronzed Berry Stripes. It was soon after this stop that we had everything we needed and were headed back to the cottage. The Rouge Jacquard sock yarn was calling my name so I started a sock from the toe up on two circular needles. What a fun way to knit socks. The speed at which you can knit your sock is determined by how much will power you have to not try it on every other round just for fun! The rest of the day was uneventful and I took turns reading and knitting and for a while was doing both. In the end it turned out to be another great day.

No comments: