Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Day Filled With Yarn Shopping!







This was the first year for this show and it was great! Everything a knitter could want was there, beautiful hand dyed and hand spun wool, silk, cashmere and alpaca yarns, patterns, needles and accessories, spinning wheels and supplies and books on every topic related to fiber.

I wasn't planning on buying any wool today but our first find of the day were these skeins of wool for a really great price. It was such a great price that between two of us we bought almost all of it. I am so excited about this wool that I am winding one of the skeins into a ball now to knit a swatch to see how it felts.

What I was looking to buy was patterns. I found a shrug pattern that looks great and should be a fast knit and these two mitten patterns that I couldn't resist as well as an Elizabeth Zimmermann book. One pattern is for twined mittens and the other is for Lovikka (Swedish) mittens.

The next two purchases ended up being yarn again. The blue and grey varigated is 100% cashmere and is sooo soft. The green is a Merino wool and silk blend. Both of these will be scarves and will most likely be gifts.

As a final bonus, I was lucky enough to win a door prize. These socks where knit on an antique sock knitting machine.

Tomorrow is the trip to the Creativfestival in Toronto. Another fun day with knitting friends. I can't wait!

1 comment:

knitty_kat said...

It's sounds like you had a great time. . .and found some real bargains!