Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Presents


I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday and that Santa filled your stockings with yarn!

No yarn for me this year. It seems that my whole family thinks that I already have too much yarn and they were not about to add to the stash. Obviously, they are not knitters and do not understand the bond between a knitter and her yarn! Some people cautiously looked into my knitting room and noted that it was fuller than before. They would be right. In order to host a family Christmas I had to gather all of the yarn from the dining room and living room, box it up and add another row of boxes on top of what was already piled at head height in my knitting room.

I did get two great knitting books. Knitting Over the Edge and Knitting Beyond the Edge by Nicky Epstein. I am so excited to have these books in my library and can't wait to try some of her interesting edgings, cuffs and collars.

Most of my Christmas knitting did get finished but it did keep me busy right up to Christmas Eve.

My current project is a top down raglan pullover for my niece. It is coming along nicely so far. I will be seeing her on Friday for our last family celebration so I will be able to check the size. I have been guessing a little bit at the sizing so we will see how well I did!

No comments: