Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Almost Done


I am not sure what I like about this sweater the most.

I love the fact that by knitting it top down all of the "hard" work is done. All of the shaping, both sleeves, and the neckband are all finished.

Now the only thing left is to pick up the body stitches and knit in the round until it is long enough. I like the idea of just knitting around and around and around. No row counting, no pattern reading, just knitting.

I know that it fits because she has tried it on. The sleeves are the perfect length (too perfect for a fast growing little girl so I am going to add some extra length.)

The final reason that I may be liking this so much may have to due with the fact that I am knitting this sweater in approximately a child's size 4.

The real test will come in a couple of nights when I start one for myself.

No comments: