Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Sweater



Here is the start of another blue sweater. (It just occurred to me that the shawl waiting to be cast on is also blue. Hmmm, where are my greens and browns?) This is the neckline for another top down raglan pullover. When I measured the length of my back stitches it measured about 2 1/2" long.




Here, if you look closely, you can see the increasing points on either side of a sleeve.







This is where I stopped increasing and the points of the front sections just meet at the front of the neck.



The next step is determining the number of sts to cast on to join the work in the round so there is an equal number of stitches in the front and back sections. Then it is continuing increasing at the raglan "seams" every other round. No more increasing in the first and last stitch. So that means a total of 8 (not 10) increases on an increase round.

More pictures of it joined in the round soon!

No comments: