Saturday, March 20, 2010
The sweater almost made the Wed night deadline but not quite. The sweater is still a work in progress. It was finished but I decided last night that I didn't like the Russian cast off after all. I knew as I was doing it that it was going to be too loose and not lay as flat as I would like but I kept going and finished it anyways and tried it on. I didn't like it so I pulled out the cast off edge and I am in the process of casting off again. It looks betters this time, I hope!
All of those little pieces from the previous post ended up being this cute bunny and it was finished for the Wed. deadline. One of our Knitting Goddesses will be having her second baby very soon. Most of our members had a chance to add some stitches as the bunny was being knit and this was one of our gifts to her.
As some of you may know, I tend to buy a lot of knitting stuff. Yarn, books, needles, patterns and apparently a darning egg. Years ago in my travels I found some knitting needles and patterns in an antique store along with a wooden thing that was shaped more like a tear drop than an egg so of course I bought it too having no idea what it was for. For our guild meeting, I did a little research on darning socks and read about the use of a darning egg (which I am assuming it is). I don't have a picture of it as it went home with this knitter so she could finish repairing her socks. You insert it into your sock at the area that is worn or has a hole. It stretches out your knitting and gives you a surface to work on. Here it is being used.
With any luck the next pictures will be of a finished sweater!