Friday, March 5, 2010

Stratford Gardening Show and More Wool



In preparation for tomorrows day of yarn shopping, I dropped my son off at my parent's house tonight for a sleep over. Before I left, we drove to Stratford and spend a couple of hours going through the gardening show. This was the first time I had been to this show and it was very good. I was very excited to have found two varieties of Nicotiana (flowering tobacco) that are extremely fragrant and impossible to get unless you order them from a seed catalog. While we were looking through the rest of the displays we came across the Lavender farm in Sparta, Lavender Blue. I have been in their store a few times and you could tell that she was trying to remember where she had seen me before. We chatted a bit and talked about having belonged to the same curling club last winter and that is when she remembered and she excitedly said "you are the knitter!" What a great way to be remembered :)

I found this new yarn yesterday by accident (well kind of). I went to Goodwill to drop off some things and of course I couldn't leave without checking out the yarn and once I saw this I couldn't leave it there. It is all wool. Two balls are a nice merino and the others are similar to Briggs and Little wool. In total there are 10 balls totaling 974 grams all for a grand total of $4.28. I love finding a great deal!!

No comments: