Sunday, March 7, 2010

Yarn Shopping Day


Our shopping trip began in Listowel at the Spinrite factory outlet's winter sale. The knitting group that I belong to in London was asked to knit spa clothes for a fund raiser...70 of them! I thought that I would top up our cotton stash with some bright colours of cotton.





This yarn is for me. The green sock yarn in the front will be a pair of socks for me. It is the Patons stretchy sock yarn. The cone of green varigated cotton (I think) came out of the sale bins and I think that it will make a nice summer shawl. I might double it and retry the Citron pattern. The small balls in the back are the cotton/corn blend and they will turn into a summer tank top knit from the top down. The larger balls are Classic Wool and the colour is Paprika. These will also be another sweater for me.



This is all cotton. There are 23 balls in 6 different colours. This is going to be an afghan for my daughter for Christmas.







This is more yarn for me! I bought a fair amount of the classic wool and these are the worn denim and the salmon heather colours. Of course there is more sock yarn. I couldn't just buy 2 balls.






This was from our second stop of the day. We came home through Stratford and stopped at the CloseKnit yarn shop. She has been open for just one month and has a nice shop with some very nice wool. I left with 10 balls of Zara which is a very nice Merino. The picture doesn't show the colours very well. It is a varigated blue, brown and red. I am going to make a vest out of it starting tonight. I am planning on wearing it to our workshop on April 10 because I am hoping that it will be too hot to wear a wool sweater by then.

It was a great day!

4 comments:

DropStitchChris said...

LOOKS FAB Louise!!
So sorry I missed it!
I'm sure we will hear all about it on Monday!! See you then:)

Cotton Yarn said...

Its very nice yarn. thanks for sharing this informative post.

knitty_kat said...

Wow - you scored big time! Sounds like you had a fun day.

La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh my gosh! What a windfall of yarn and colour!