Monday, April 5, 2010

Saturday's Workshop

This coming Saturday, only 5 days away, the Knitting Goddesses Guild will be hosting our first workshop. It has been a lot of fun to plan and I can't believe it is almost here!

The workshops are taking place in Springfield (north of Aylmer) from 9-4 and the day will be split into two three hour workshops. One of the workshops will be led by Rose from RK Beads. She will be showing us how to make a necklace similar to the sample in the picture which is made by weaving yarn and adding beads. She will also be giving us an introduction to needle felting.





In the other three hour workshop, we will be dyeing a skein of wool. Sue from The Clever Cat Knits will be walking us through the process from starting with a white skein of wool to mixing the dyes and dip dyeing the skein in colours of our choice. In the picture below is a sample of Sue's hand dyed wool.

(If there are crazy numbers and letters that show up on the screen after I post this...sorry. Technology is not my strong point. I am not sure why they are there and I have tried my best to remove them but I don't think I suceeded.)




There are still a few spot available if anyone would like to join the Knitting Goddesses for a fun filled day. If you are interested, please leave me a comment.

No comments: