Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Sock


This is a toe up sock being knit using the magic loop method. I love knitting this way. I don't mind using double pointed needles or two circulars to knit in the round but the magic loop is by far my favourite!

This sock is being knit out of Patons Stretch Socks in Olive. The yarn is a blend of cotton, wool, nylon and elastic and it is great to knit with. I will be using this again for sure. The pattern that I decided to use for this sock has a cable pattern on the top of the foot. In the green colour it is a bit harder to see than I was hoping for but it still gives it a nice textured look.

For anyone who is knitting this sock along with me, I will post some magic loop how to pictures in the very near future for anyone who would like to see some pictures of how to hold the needles, where the working yarn should be (on the right attached to the back needle), and how to slip the front needle back onto the working stitches and pulling out the back needle with the yarn attached to begin working your next row.

Happy knitting!

No comments: