Saturday, June 5, 2010

International Sock Swap



The sock swap has officially started! I received my email with the name of knitter that I am knitting a pair of socks for a couple of days ago.

Yesterday I found the sock yarn that I am going to use for her socks. It is superwash merino, cashmere and nylon and it feels wonderful! It is aptly called Grape and has beautiful shades of purples with a touch of lavender/pink. I am planning on a pair of lace socks and I can't wait to see how it knits up.

These socks don't have to be ready to mail to their new home until August so there is plenty of time to knit them. That gives me lots of time to finish my sweater, green socks and an afghan. I love having so many projects to choose from!

2 comments:

Frieda said...

What beautiful yarn ! Lucky sock pal. I can't wait to see the socks in prigress .

PS Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog ,it's much appreciated . As for the baby knitting , I already have something on the go ...

knitty_kat said...

My goodness you've been busy!! Good luck with the swap!