Friday, July 23, 2010

How Do You Fix A Crappy Afternoon....

My day started out just fine. This morning was our knitting social at Carrie's Quilting and Knitting store in Aylmer. We had a small group today but we had a good morning visiting and knitting. Then it was all downhill for the rest of the afternoon. Finally, I decided that enough was enough and I was going to salvage what was left of the day.

Chocolate - sorry, no pictures. You will just have to trust me that it tasted good!



Knitting Books


I went to Chapters to look at the knitting books and magazines but I only looked (see, miracles can happen!) then I came home to read these books that I had received in the mail this week. I love Elizabeth Zimmermann's books. The Knitting Workshop has many patterns including the Rib Warmer, Tomten Jacket and the Pi Shawl. The Enchanted Sole book has incredible sock patterns that are knit either from the top down, toe up or sideways. Both are great books.

New Yarn


Of course, to ensure the rest of the day was back on track a new skein of wool was in order. This is not a very good picture. I will try for a better one tomorrow in the daylight. It is Malabrigo kettle dyed Merino wool in orange, brown, green and dark red. Until I can get a better picture you will have to take my word that it is totally my colours and just had to come home with me!

It worked, I am in a much better mood now.

3 comments:

Not ready for handspun said...

That yarn would make anyone feel better - it looks fantastic!

Rose said...

I'm so jealous that you have a beach knitting group!! Glad you had a great day after all!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful yarn - hopefully it made up for the bad day (just a little bit!)