Sunday, August 8, 2010

Another Try

My birthday socks seem to be a never ending work in progress. Here is the latest attempt.



Even though I have only knit 5 rows of the pattern, I am loving these cables! The pattern is Sunshine from the book Sock Innovation. (The whole book is great by the way) I am using Knit Picks cotton/wool blend Risata, the colour is Seedling and and needles are a size 2.25mm. These socks are knit from the top down using the magic loop. I am having so much fun with this pattern already! I have a good feeling that these socks will actually get finished. I think that it is always a good sign when your flowers match your needles and yarn :)

4 comments:

Not ready for handspun said...

Sock Innovation is great! Just be careful to check the errata that Interweave has posted online.

Lovely colour!

Frieda said...

Beautiful so far , such a gorgeous color !

Jeanne said...

Very pretty socks - and great picture!

Carries Quilting and Knitting said...

Ooooh, Nice cable pattern pattern!
How long are you making the leg part? An ankle sock length or all the way up for knee socks?