Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Diamonds and Triangles


The sock has been put on hold while I get back to the afghan. The first of four modular strips is completed.














Here is a close up of the ending of the first strip. My first thought was to knit a plan stocking st block on the end of each strip as we did for the cable round but once I started knitting it I wasn't liking it. So, I pulled it out and just continued with the diamond pattern until it was the length of the afghan (the diamond has 11 sts for those of you who are knitting this with me) and cast off. It makes a nice scalloped edge (Sarah, perfect edge for a scarf!) Even though the diamond isn't the same size, I am happy with how it looks.

No comments: