Monday, September 13, 2010

Home Away from Home



At least for the next week, this is where I will be spending my free time. This is our set up for the Western Fair. We have had a lot of knitters come by to chat and knit. We have chairs for anyone to sit and knit. So, if you are heading to the fair, bring your knitting along and come join us. If you don't have your knitting with you, you can knit on one of our charity projects.

Last night, there were kids making pom-poms and one young boy challenged me to a game of checkers on the knitted checker board. I lost. One of the coolest stories that I heard yesterday was from a woman who had crocheted a baby blanket for her daughter when she was born. Now the daughter has gone off to university and Mom is wanting to add to the baby blanket to make it large enough to fit a bed so her daughter can have it while she is away at school. Unfortunately, she no longer has the pattern and was looking for some help finding the pattern. As my crotchet skills are terribly lacking, I sent her next door the the Crochet Club of London and the crocheter there was able to help her find what she needed. I think this is such a wonderful story, I am glad one of us could help her.

Tonight is our first meeting to work on ufos I think I will be bringing my afghan and weaving in all of the ends. Sadly, this should fill the two hours.

1 comment:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Won't it feel good to have all those ends woven in, though?!