Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day One of Two

What a great day we had at the Woodstock Fleece Festival.














Outside there were alpacas, llamas, sheep and goats to look at before heading inside. I am sure that everyone was trying to figure out a way to take the tiny baby alpaca home with them. She was so cute.

Inside, there was so much to choose from. We spent the morning looking at beautiful yarns, rovings, patterns, kits and spinning wheels.

This is all the yarn I came home with.














The red and black skeins are washable wool from Shelridge Farms and this will be knit into a gift. The three balls of Triana each knit up into a wonderfully clever scarf pattern. Two of these will be gifts as well. The top two skeins of varigated yarn are to knit the vest and it will be for me. The yarn is Fleece Artist Scotian Silk 65%wool 35% silk. The varigated yarn in front is what I won as a door prize. It is Fleece Artist BFL Sock yarn.

Now to get ready for tomorrow. The Creative Festival in Toronto!

4 comments:

Frieda said...

Colour me green , 2 festivals in 2 days ! Love all of your yarn purchases and congrats on the win !

knitty_kat said...

You will enjoy Lu, I did when I knit it at the beginning of the year. The yarn, the pattern. Enjoy!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Hop you had fun at the Creativ Festival. I'll confess, I was a little disappointed at the sparsity of knitting vendors.

Caffeine Girl said...

What a great armful of yarn!