Saturday, October 16, 2010

Organizing

This is what I have been doing the last couple of days. In order to get the Christmas knitting in full swing I had to find all of the yarn I needed. This led me to sorting out my stash.















This is what is left after 2 days of sorting. I have found all kinds of interesting things. Some I had forgotten about and some I just didn't know where to find it. So far, I still have not come across the yarn for my son's afghan. I still have a couple of boxes I haven't looked in yet and there is some more yarn upstairs to go through as well. It has to be here somewhere!














My family has made the odd comment about the amount of yarn scattered around the house. My husband commented on the "large selection" that I had and was there any that I didn't like any more. Silly question. Of course there are some (ok, a lot) of odd balls of acrylic that I have been collecting for years that I wouldn't use to make a sweater but I am planning on knitting some cat blankets to donate to the local animal shelter. So no I don't have any balls that I would like to part with. My son rolled his eyes and asked if I was planning on filling the whole house with yarn. Again a silly question. I would never dream of putting yarn in his room or my husband"s closet (they would just through it away) but the rest of the house is fair game!

Even the cat and dog have had their say. This is what is left of a ball of yarn after the two of them have taken it from the dining room to the kitchen and wrapped it a million times around the kitchen chairs and table and then into the living room. Sorting yarn is hard work.

4 comments:

Frieda said...

I've been doing the same thing here . It all started with me trying to find some needles to start yet another pair of socks . Then trying to find a specific pattern for the socks . That led to a clean up , sort of , of the knitting patterns , which led to more plans for Christmas gifts , which led to going through the stash and sorting that out ,kind of . It's work but it beats laundry any day ...

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It IS hard work! But isn't fun to come across things you'd forgotten about. I've stumbled across some real treasures that waY!

knitty_kat said...

ha ha ha! Bogey likes to help with the yarn sort too.

Thirty Plus and Holding said...

Wow that is some serious stash :)