Friday, November 12, 2010

Afghans

Afghans seem to be consuming my knitting time this week. While neither of them are a part of my Christmas knitting I have felt the need to get them both finished up quickly and send them on to their new homes.

This has put my Christmas knitting WAY behind schedule but that is ok. If some people gets half finished projects Christmas day it will give me something to knit on for the rest of the day! And really, when have I ever got all of my Christmas knitting finished on time anyways! At least this year I have a better excuse.

The green lap blanket from a couple of posts ago is now finished. The man it is going to will be home from the hospital soon and hopefully it will bring him some comfort knowing that all his friends from the knitting group he belongs to knit a part of the blanket for him.

The blue afghan was dropped off at Carrie's Quilting and Knitting store to see if someone would finish it. A grandmother was knitting this afghan for her granddaughter for Christmas. Sadly, the grandmother passed away in the summer. The mother would still like for her daughter to get the afghan at Christmas as a last present from her grandmother. How can you say no to that? So I brought it home. All of the strips are knit so it just needs to be put together and an edging added around it. It is almost put together and it isn't too big so the boarder won't take too long.

I am off to an appointment this morning so my sock is coming with me.

1 comment:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

How nice of you to finish the afghan for the granddaughter - she's sure to treasure it!