Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Socks, Socks, Socks


November is officially sock month at Carrie's Quilting and Knitting Store! I have started 3 pairs.

The brown sock will be a birthday present for my husband. It is knit out of good old Kroy sock yarn. The colour is Buckthorn Stripes and they are being knit on a set of 2.75mm 4 dpns. This sock yarn is washable and dryable so that equals non felting. A good choice for a man who some times does his own laundry.

The pink sock will be a Christmas present for my daughter. It is knit out of Regia Softy Color. It is so soft. This sock is being knit on a 3.5mm circular sock needle. Again this yarn is washable. Also a good choice for a teenager who does her own laundry.

The green and white sock is a sample sock. I am trying out knitting two socks together, one inside the other. This is so much fun to knit!! The sample sock is being knit on worsted weight yarn with 4.5mm dpns until I feel comfortable switching to sock yarn. If all goes well the actual socks will be a gift for someone as well.

Happy sock knitting!

2 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

That's a lot of different socks going on at the same time! I bet the teenager's socks are going to be incredibly comfy!

Frieda said...

Wow , you're ambitious ! I'm interested in hearing what you have to say about the Regia Softy . I've had some in my hands at my lys , but resisted ,I've enough sock yarn in the stash .