Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tonight's Project


Work is finished for the day, we have eaten and cleaned up the kitchen and I have done all the housework I am going to do for the evening. It is knitting time!

This is what I have chosen to work on tonight. The afghan is a group project that a few of us are working on. It is a lap afghan version of a prayer shawl. One of the fellows at work is sick and we thought this would help to make him feel better as he is recovering. I will have this project with me for the weekend so I am hoping to get a lot knit on it in between working on the socks.

The socks are progressing well. Both the pink and brown sock are ready for their heels to be turned. That may be tomorrow night's knitting. Right now I feel like curling up on the couch with my book and the afghan and work on mindless garter stitch and seed stitch.

Happy knitting!

3 comments:

Frieda said...

I'm sure he'll appreciate the kind thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery .

Have a great knitting weekend....

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Sometimes it is nice to have some mindless sofa knitting, isn't it? And a handknit lap blanket is sure to provide comfort!

knitty_kat said...

There's something to be said for simple garter, just like comfort food!