Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A New Vest in the Works


Well, Christmas is over again for another year. We had all the kids home together, had lots of great food, visited with all of the family and everyone loved their knitted gifts. I had a wonderful Christmas!

Now with the pressure of gift knitting out of the way, I am moving on to a new project. This is the beginnings of me designing a vest that will be knit sideways all in one piece. This mini version is being knit out of chunky weight yarn in a doll sized version. I am keeping my fingers crossed that what I am visualizing in my head and what I am calculating on paper actually turns into something wearable when it is knit. Already I am thinking that the arm hole looks too big but overall it seems to be working out according to plan.

1 comment:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

My fingers are crossed for you as well. I've never had much luck at getting my ideas to work on needles :(