Friday, January 7, 2011

Another Trial Run


I decided that there were still some kinks to work out with my vest pattern so I decided to knit another small version. This one has ribbing added on the bottom and stitches picked up for the shawl collar. Part way through the knitting I decided to add more stitches to the ribbing and I liked the wider ribbing much better. I had intended the collar to be knit in the same ribbing pattern but as I was playing with it I tried garter stitch and I liked it so that was how I left it. I didn't add the button hole on the front band so that will give me something to play around with on the actual vest. Here are pictures of the front and back.

After this vest was knit I cast on for my vest. It is over half knit and seems to be knitting up ok so far. I have the left front and almost all of the back knit. Now to make sure the right sleeve ends up in the right place.


1 comment:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Mmmm, garter stitch. It is so nice and comfy, isn't it?