Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

This is how we spent New Years Eve; with great friends, going to the movies and of course knitting.



Here we are casting on before the movie. Isn't it interesting to note that the knitters in the picture look happier than the non knitter?








This is what was knitted during the movie. I managed to get 5" of k2,p2 ribbing knit for my nephew's hat. Four year old boys don't sit long enough to have their Aunt take proper measurements so I am guessing it should be ready to start the decreasing. His birthday is tomorrow and I am planning on giving him his hat today. What a great way to start the new year by having my first knitted gift finished on time.



I hope that all of you have a great knitting year and that your stashes are over flowing with wonderful yarns, your gauge is always perfect and you are never half a ball short for any of your projects! Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Caffeine Girl said...

You are so lucky that you spent new year's eve with other knitters! I had a great time with my friends, but i was the only knitter present.