Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Last Night's Fun



As I was knitting swatches for tonight's knitting guild meeting I decided to dye some skeins of Patons Classic Wool with Wilton dyes.

Left - Terra cotta and yellow
Middle - Royal blue
Right - Red

I was really pleased with how the terra cotta and yellow turned out. The royal blue I had used before so I knew what colour I would end up with but I did try adding a 1/4 tsp more dye to see if it would darken the blue colour. That was a mistake. Colour stayed the same and I am still rinsing out the extra dye. The red turned out more of a coral colour, it is interesting but not my favourite.

I am planning on using the terra cotta and yellow for a neckwarmer and the red and blue for a hat.

1 comment:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I think they're nice together. Maybe something stranded?