Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Knitting


Yay, for me! A knitted birthday gift finished on time! So far I am two for two this year which must be a personal best for me.

This garter stitch cowl was knit using two strands of worsted weight Marble on an 8mm needle. The finished size was approximately 52" long and 9 1/2" wide.


I had almost a full ball left over so I started this hat last night. It is the Parisian Slouch Hat. It should be a quick knit. So far I have 2 1/2" knit. I will fit it in around the other projects on the go...the shawl, the stranded cowl, and the new socks that I need to cast on for another upcoming birthday gift...

4 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful! 2 for 2 - good for you!!

knitty_kat said...

Yea! Nicely done! Looks great.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I'm usually on time, but barely. It's not unheard of to find me weaving in ends on the car ride to the party and wrapping hand knits in Tim Hortons.

Good for you - so organized and disciplined. And lucky birthday folk!

goldenbird said...

Nice cowl and congrats on being two for two. Looking forward to seeing the completed hat.