Sunday, February 13, 2011

Downsizing the Stash...Hopefully

Is it too early to be doing Spring cleaning? I had this overwhelming urge to sort through my stash last night. I pulled out all the boxes, totes and bag and sorted them into piles of acrylic, wool, cotton, sock yarn and hemp. The largest group is the acrylic so that is where I decided to start sorting first.

Here are the totes in the livingroom.


Here are the boxes in the dining room.


There are just over 30 boxes of acrylic yarn in all weights. I have no idea how many I will cut it down to but some of it has to go. My stash had grown to the point that I couldn't get to some of the totes in the back corner and I found myself buying more yarn because it was easier than trying to get to yarn I already owned.


This is a new hat for myself. The same pattern as the last hat but a new colour. When I need a break from sorting I sit and knit a round or two.

Stay tuned for the results of the downsizing.

4 comments:

knitty_kat said...

Holy crap! I thought I had a lot of yarn . . . I'm glad I started destashing years ago. Nice finally meeting you on the weekend.

marycatharine said...

That is an impressive stash! Good luck with the sort :)

goldenbird said...

Wow, you have so much yarn! Good luck with the downsizing. That hat is great, I like the pattern very much.

Delusional Knitter said...

Wow, thanks, next time I get that look from my boyfriend ... I'll show him your pictures, then my 4 basements totes and 2 bookcases ... oh yeah and the baskets in the closet don't look like so much, LOL!! Good luck sorting.