Saturday, February 26, 2011

Snowflake Neck Warmer

My knitting time this week has been taken up by this neck warmer. I have lost count how many times I have restarted it.


The first one I knit just didn't turn out at all how I wanted it to look; it was too big and the ribbing didn't sit like I had hoped so it is in the bottom of a knitting bag out of sight. The next few tries were stopped and ripped out for various reasons - still too big, still didn't like the ribbing, messed up the pattern.....

So, I went back to the drawing board. I changed my needles, decided to just go with the snowflake pattern and not the diamonds and I added a hemmed edge instead of the ribbing. This is what I have come up with. I am much happier with how it is looking. Let's hope the fit is ok.

2 comments:

knitty_kat said...

I love that colour!!! What was the original pattern name?

Caffeine Girl said...

It's looking lovely. I think the rolled edging will be better than ribbing. Nice colorwork!