Friday, February 4, 2011

So Far So Good


Well....here it is after blocking. It looks MUCH better. Pretty great actually. The bumpiness along the left front has almost disappeared and the collar will be covering what is still there.

Now my concern is this. What if the blocking doesn't hold. It is acrylic after all. I have folded it and unfolded it a few times and hung it up for pictures and everything still looks fine; but will it fall back into the original bumpiness with the movement of the fabric once it is being worn??

I guess there is only one way to find that out. I will wear it tomorrow to knitting.

4 comments:

Rose said...

Ooh, I like that vest! The collar looks good to me. And I totally understand the feeling of being trapped without knitting. I swear I'm at the point where I think I'd unravel something just to knit it again in those situations! Happy weekend!!

Carries Quilting and Knitting said...

Louise, it looks great on you, too!!
Enjoy the Super Bowl!
sock patterns... hmmm I think I'll make grey ones....

DropStitchChris said...

It looks wonderful Louise! I soooo wanted to drop in to see you today...I've %$#@&^ up my vest again....grrrrrrrrrr....so once again at a standstill.....

Mereknits said...

Your vest is beautiful.I love the color. I always have knitting in the car, I love that you packed for knitting just in case. Three projects sounds about right for me in an emergency.
Have a wonderful day,
Meredith