Saturday, February 19, 2011
I saved the best for last. This is it; the last of the yarn sorting. Needless to say, I didn't give away any of my sock yarn but it is all paired up and easy to find when I am ready to use it. Any guesses how many pairs of socks I could knit with all of this?? Eighty two pairs.
This is what I learned from sorting all of this yarn:
1. I am glad that I took the time to do it. I feel much more organized and excited about turning this yarn into finished projects.
2. I am glad that it is finished. I want to spend my time actually knitting it now!
3. I don't have to worry about running out of sock yarn any time soon.
4. Without exaggerating I have enough dishcloth cotton to make dishcloths for the rest of my life.
5. I found some really exciting stuff. A skein of Buffalo yarn, 2 skeins of llama yarn, a skein of camel and silk yarn, a sweater kit, and enough Rowan yarn to make 2 sweaters.
The new shawl has a few more rows completed. I plan on spending the weekend working on the shawl and my next sample for the Master Knitter's course.