Monday, March 21, 2011

Back On Track


I am still working on three projects - the cape, the girly shawl and this sock.

Most of my knitting time this past week was spent on the shawl. It is fun to knit and was always the project I pulled out first. The rows are getting longer and longer but that doesn't bother me at all. I could knit this all day long. In fact, I am thinking about using a second ball to make it even bigger.

I am at the point on the cape where I have to cast off sts for the arm openings. This means having to join new balls of yarn on the other side of the openings. So it looks to me like I will have 6 balls of yarn on the go at once since I am knitting with the yarn doubled. This seems like this could be a yarn tangling nighmare and have been avoiding it. But no longer. I am going to tackle this before heading to work this morning.

My sock. I am soooo much happier with this sock now that I have transferred it back onto dpns. That tiny round needle seems to have been the cause of the slow progress. The leg is finished and the heel flap started. I feel like I am finally making some sock progress!

6 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Maybe the next phase of your cape will go better than you fear! Hope so!

The sock is very cute. I prefer DPNs as well; it's what I'm used to.

Caffeine Girl said...

Those tiny round needles didn't work for me, either. They messed up my gauge, made my hands hurt, and slowed me down.

Clicky Needles said...

Lovely to hear you're enjoying the girly shawl :-).

goldenbird said...

Your sock looks great-- the striping is perfect. I just posted about my struggle with DPNs. Congrats on all the progress on the cape!

Delusional Knitter said...

Nice sock! Are you talking about the 9" needle? I tried one of those, it was awkward and hurt my hand. Seems like a good idea, but I've only seen complaints about it. Love the color of your shawl.

Frieda said...

Love the sock in progress ! Ditto for knitting socks on DPNs. Just seems to go smoother with them .