Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Finally....Success!


Here is the final version of the snowflake neck warmer. I think I finally came up with a pattern that works.

What is different from the last version? I knit this one close to 2" shorter, added half of the snowflake pattern on the top and bottom of the neck warmer so there are no plain rows and it is lined.

I can't take the credit for the idea of lining it though. While I was knitting the last version, I was showing another knitter how I was knitting a hemmed edge. Her suggestions was to knit the "edge" the whole width so it would be lined and it would also cover the back side of the stranded work. I hadn't thought of that. What a great idea. So, back to the drawing board again and this version was the result.


It is knit out of Paton's Classic Wool. The finished size is approx 21" x 6".

Time to move on to a pair of socks!

2 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

That is just beautiful. And so, so warm. You'll (or whomever) will appreciate it next winter!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Very cute. Are you writing up the pattern and posting it to Ravelry?