Friday, March 4, 2011

Last Night's Find


On the way home from work last night, I stopped at the action sale. I found this box. I didn't have a chance to look through it before I bid on it; I just saw that the a couple of file folders were labeled shawls/afghan and adult sweaters.

What a great find! There was a few books on sewing, macrame and needlework that I am not that interested in but there were also lots of old knitting pattern books for mits, hats, socks, sweaters and afghans plus a tatting book from 1941. I didn't realize that Mary Maxim had printed their own pattern books but I found two of them; one for baby knits and the other for children's sweaters.


These McCall's Needlework magazines were on the bottom of the box. There were a few from the mid 60's, one from 1972 and the oldest was from 1957!


An update on the sock knitting. Slow.

1 comment:

CU@5 said...

What a great finding! I have three books which belonged to my Grandma and I treasure them. They're also from fifties.
Cheers!