Monday, March 28, 2011

A Tale of Two Yarns

Today is the first day in the Knit and Crochet Blog Week. For today's topic we were to choose two yarns we have used, have in our stash or yearn after and capture what it is we love or loath about them.

But first, a quick cape update. There is only about 3-4" left to knit on the body then on to the front bands and then the collar. As you can see, the stripe pattern is not so striped on the front panels but I have an idea how to fix that at the end.


As for my two yarn choices, I immediately thought of Paton's Kroy and Noro.

I have often said that if I could only buy one yarn it would be Kroy. A couple of summers ago, I made it my mission to buy Kroy in all of the colours that it came in. That could be one of the reasons my sock stash is so large! I love knitting with it, it is washable and it wears extremely well. Most of my socks have been knit with it.

I love Noro for the wonderful colours! I have used it to knit a bag and an entrelac scarf. This yarn is on my shopping list for this weekends yarn shopping trip.


I am such a lucky knitter. This yarn bowl was a wonderful surprise gift tonight. Thanks you so very much!!!

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

A friend of mine is knitting some socks with Kroy, it does look like a great yarn! And Noro.. I love the colors!!! :D

Caffeine Girl said...

I've been wanting to try Kroy. There is just so much sock yarn, it's hard to get around to it all!

CU@5 said...

I don't know any Patons yarns, cause they aren't available in Poland, but I know Noro! It's a specific yarn. Beautiful colors but a little itchy.

Delusional Knitter said...

I recently found Patons Kroy Socks in the FX colorways and bought some. It was my first time using Kroy and I loved it. Its a nice yarn, knits up well and is very inexpensive too.