Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tidy Mind, Tidy Stitches

How do I organize my yarn stash? Well, here it is.


I have to say that it looks way more organized than it usually does; there is actually a walkway between the totes right now. I went through my stash a few months ago and got rid of a lot of acrylic that I would never use and reboxed and labelled what was left.


Still, I did manage to find a few bags stuck here and there with more wool in them.


But most of my yarn is in totes or boxes labelled by wool, cotton, acrylic, hemp, sock yarn and dishcloth cotton.

This is one of the wool totes. This one has some Noro, some of my own hand dyed wool, Fleece Artist, and some alpaca.


4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Love the Purple Purl and Knit-o-Matic. Lettuce Knit is very cute and carry some lovely things, but it's not my fave.If you're driving, it may be a struggle to get there and to park. Not too many LYS are open Sunday, and the others I know of are pretty far out of the way.

There's also a fiber arts festival on Sunday. Don't know much about this one, but Lettuce Knit is participating.

http://www.neilsonparkcreativecentre.com/special-events/fibre-arts-festival

Frieda said...

OMG that is quite a stash ! You have some beautiful yarns in those bags , I'm trying hard not to be too envious ;-) ! Enjoy !

Delusional Knitter said...

Wow, that is quite a stash! Pretty organized I would say though.

kate said...

Oh how much fun 'shopping' in there would be!