Thursday, April 7, 2011

Restart


This is my new yarn for the Nelkin Designs mystery KAL. While in Toronto yarn shopping Sunday I bought this yarn and I love it. It is the hand dyed sock yarn by Viola. I have only knit my gauge swatch but it knits up wonderfully!

I am working on Clue #1 which is to string on over 500 beads and cast on. As of last night I had 300 beads on....over half way! Tonight I will finish adding the beads and try out the lace cast on the pattern suggests we use.

Clue #2 is out now as well and from everyone's comments this pattern sounds a bit challenging. Lace knitting and I have not always been best friends so this should be interesting!

5 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Lace & Beading = Nice!

goldenbird said...

Such pretty yarn. Good luck with your project-- sounds like you and lace are about to become better acquainted. I've never done a mystery KAL and will have to try it some time. There seems to be quite a few on Ravelry.

Siga said...

Beaded lace - that's bound to become a beauty. Looking forward to your progress.

Zibeline Knits said...

You've piqued my interest! I hope it turns out to be something stunning! I just entered myself in a beret KAL that Yarn on the House is sponsoring--that's going to be quite an adventure, and I know what the final product is supposed to look like. Knit on, brave knitter!

Monica said...

I am dying to learn how to knit with beads....any suggestions for a beginner??